Monday, April 4, 2011

Contestant #1

Teddy & Snowball play with their new toy from Gail Clements on Vimeo.




Snowball and Teddy play ball - again! from Gail Clements on Vimeo.

Teddy & Snowball

This is a video of two of my cats, Teddy (the grey cat) teaching Snowball (the black one) to play with a new toy about a year ago. Snowball (she has a white round spot on her chest and stomach) was a feral.

She showed up in our garden and we fed her for 3-4 months before catching her in a trap to get her neutered.

Shortly after she was neutered, on a nasty rainy day, I put her bowl of food inside the door of our sunroom so that she had to come inside to get it.

After a few days I started to shut the door behind her which at first freaked her out. After a while she got used to it until another rainy day, I just kept her inside and the rest is history - she has been in ever since and is now the happy cat.

It is funny, Teddy has never played with it since and our other two cats don't play with it, but it has become Snowball's favorite toy.


4 comments:

SassySashadoxie said...

Aww, how cute is that. The second video looked like a kitty version of table tennis for awhile. I can just hear the mews of "my point!" "Now, your serve". heehee.

Giupetto and Gianna Tails said...

Such a great story, and I loved the videos. Looked like Snowball really got into it.
Thanks for sharing.

Art and Sew Forth said...

I was so thrilled to read how patient you were with Snowball and how she has turned into a house cat. What a great story! And I have never seen a toy like that! How fun for them!

Gailc said...

Thanks for your comments.
The toy is sold at Petco.